The Dallas Center for Photography will be having Ed back to Dallas to lead a workshop on the concept of Working Near and Far from February 1 – 5, 2017. Over four days students will meet at the studio and go out in the field to discover what photography means to them in the context of visual storytelling.
The following topics will be explored:
- Near: Photographing a detail in your home that tells where you live and what you do to.
- Personal history: Telling a story in pictures of your own life.
- Keeping in close: How to approach and photograph someone you have access to.
- Finding the exotic in your own back yard: “You don’t have to go to Afghanistan to make great pictures.”
- Far: discussing how photography can report and affect geopolitical issues.
- How social media and image sharing platforms like Instagram can be used to curate and publish visual stories.
A portfolio review is required before registration is complete.