The VII Mentor Program is the first mentor program of its kind and has developed some of the brightest new talent in the profession since it began in 2008. The program seeks to provide professional development for photographers whom the Members consider to be emerging new talents in the industry, and we are particularly interested in engaging with new talent from the majority world and other underrepresented communities. For two years, each selected photographer will work with a senior member of VII to build and polish necessary skills and to expand his or her own professional practice. VII Photo Agency will distribute the photographer's work for the duration of the Mentor Program.
The open call is now closed.
VII will be accepting applications for the Mentor Program from March 11 through April 15, 2019.
If you are interested in applying, please submit the following through the form below.
- A brief explanation of how you would like to see your career develop, what you seek from VII and your expectations of the Mentor Program.
- A short narrative biography of up to 500 words.
- Any texts to support or contextualize the images you are submitting, no more than 500 words.
Note: All text should be submitted in English.
Please upload no more than 30 images with the following specifications:
- 72 DPI
- Longest axis no greater than 1440 pixels
- IPTC Caption and Date
- Please label each image with your initials and the sequence number: example JS-001, JS-002, through JS-050
Note: If you work in multimedia or filmmaking, please also provide no more than three links to your motion work.