The VII Mentor Program, a unique initiative that has developed some of the brightest new talent in the profession since it began in 2008, seeks to provide professional development for photographers whom the Members consider to be emerging new talents in the industry. For two years, each selected photographer will work with a senior member of VII to build and polish necessary skills and to expand his or her own professional practice. VII Photo Agency will distribute the photographers work for the duration of the Mentor program.
The photographers selected for the VII Mentor program are nominated by the VII Member photographers. Photographers who join this program must be sponsored by one of the VII Member photographers who will then work with them for two years.
VII Mentor Program Selection Criteria
What we are looking for:
1. The most promising and talented emerging photographers in the industry
2. Placing a particular importance in selecting photographers who are underrepresented within the industry.
3. Photographers who are already trained, have some professional experience and are now ready to take the next step with their career.
4. Photographers who are seen as being on the cusp of greatness and who are consistently generating high-quality photographic content.
5. Note that some applicants may be considered too advanced for the program.
6. Note that we will make allowances for advancement/skills for majority world photographers who have had no access to formal education.
7. We are looking for photographers that can demonstrate a cohesive personal aesthetic vision and are generating interesting, unexpected and mature story ideas.
8. The portfolio should consist of stories (not single images) and demonstrate the breadth of the applicants photographic experience.
9. If the applicant shoots video/documentary film they should be asked to submit it in the call for applications.
How to Apply
To apply for the VII Mentor Program, please submit the following by November 2, 2015 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time to email@example.com.
A Word Document containing the following:
?• A brief explanation as to why you would like to join the VII Mentor Program.
?• A short biography.
?• An explanation of the content of the images submitted and, if applicable, please provide no more than 3 links to your motion work.
A zip file containing no more than 50 images with the following specifications:
?• 72 DPI
?• Longest axis no greater than 1440 pixels
?• JPEG compression of 83
?• IPTC metadata: Caption, City, State, Country, Credit, Date Created
?• Label each image as follows: Your initials than the sequence number ex. JS-001, JS-002, through JS-050
The announcement of new mentees will be made on January 5, 2016.