VII will be accepting applications for membership from September 1, 2017 through October 1, 2017. VII is particularly interested in working with photographers who will diversify the spectrum of our production.
If you are interested in seeking membership to VII, please submit the following.
- A brief explanation of your desire to join VII of no more than 500 words. Please clearly state why you wish to apply for membership. This should include a description of your expectations from the agency, and what you can offer the agency. Please be clear and honest about the direction you want to take your career in the coming years. We are more interested in the future than the past.
- A short narrative biography of up to 500 words.
- Any texts to support or contextualize the images you are submitting, no more than 500 words.
Note: All text should be submitted in English.
- 72 DPI
- Longest axis no greater than 1440 pixels
- IPTC Caption and Date
- Please label each image with your initials and the sequence number: example JS-001, JS-002, through JS-050
Note: If you work in multimedia or filmmaking, please also provide no more than three links to your motion work.
About the process
We invite a wide range of styles, approaches and philosophies towards image making, visual storytelling, reportage and personal artistic endeavor. What is critically important to us is your independence, professionalism and collegiality. Your personality and willingness to collaborate with other members of the agency, cooperate and get involved in growing the agency is essential.
Should new members be accepted, there will be a two-year period where both parties evaluate the relationship. During this period, VII will charge a monthly fee and a percentage cut of archive sales, assignments and projects.
All submissions will be considered at a membership meeting. No new members will be taken on outside of this process and all submissions will be viewed equally.
New members will be notified by October 15, 2017. If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for considering VII.