© Roland Neveu. Jon Swain and Roland Neveu with a local Khmer rouge commander neat the Thai_Cambodian border South of Aranyaprather.
Join us for a special event where we bring together three legendary storytellers — Jon Swain, Roland Neveu, and Gary Knight — to discuss their engagement with Cambodia over the last 50 years. Jon Swain’s character is depicted in the movie, “The Killing Fields,” and his memoir River of Time is currently being written as a Hollywood film script. Both Swain and Neveu were on the last convoy out of Cambodia from where they had been holed up in the French Embassy when the Khmer Rouge took over. All are authors in the VII Foundation’s new book, Imagine: Reflections of Peace. Neveu (“Cambodia Then”) and Knight (“Cambodia Now”) both contribute photographic essays, while Jon Swain writes the accompanying reflection on Cambodia after its brutal civil war.
[widgetkit id=”96″ name=”GKJSRN”]
About Imagine: Reflections on Peace
Imagine: Reflections on Peace is a book, exhibition, and series of short films conceived to encourage discourse and conversation around peacebuilding and ending conflict. It is an initiative of our partner The VII Foundation, which was established in 2001 to challenge complex social, economic, environmental, and human rights issues through documentary non-fiction storytelling and education.
- Published in English as Imagine: Reflections on Peace and in French as Imagine: Penser la Paix
408 pages, 200 photographs
- Available online and in selected bookstores across the US, UK, and Europe on Oct. 6, 2020
- Price: $49,95 | £39 | €45
- Pre-publication price (until Oct. 5, 2020): $39 | £34 | €34
- US & Canada order here | Europe & UK order here | Acheter l’édition française